Followers

Tuesday 17 June 2014

WOYWW

I am preparing this post in the hope that Julia is back home and well after her keyhole surgery!  It was a shock to find no WOYWW last week which is very unusual!  Nothing deters our Julia.  Nothing except emergency surgery that is!  Hope you are making a speedy recovery Julia!
Anyway, onto this week, on my desk.....my new toy, just arrived today!
 Ideally I would love an antique manual and may even have my very old one tucked away in a box somewhere in my basement but who knows where that would be!
I looked at a few on Ebay but was skeptical if they would work so decided to go new to ensure I could use it for my project life cards!  So far so good!
 Otherwise my creativity is being spent in my daughter's room while she is away in New York with her music school!    Walls repainted, carpet cleaned and new accessories bought.  She already had the black walls but the other 2 were bright pink, now they are red so the accessories had to change!  I would never normally put red anywhere near my walls but I have allowed her to choose her colours since we moved into this house, I must say, I actually quite like the look!
 I picked up this jewelry hanger today and changed the bird's colour using some of Milly's nail varnish!  Quick and easy!  You can just see it hanging on her wall above!
 Loving watching these little cuties!  They are so territorial though, this one is sitting there on guard so no other hummingbirds can come and steal from his stash!  
Thanks for dropping by, hope you will join us over at WOYWW this week, pop over to Julia's blog to find out how!

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Black and red, huh? Stylish gal then, like her mum!!id never have thought of nail varnish to cover that bird, but if it works, what the heck!
Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

lisa said...

Wow, love the new room, very stylish.
How I would love to see hummingbirds in the garden, he is lovely.
Hugs Lisax #39

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy WOYWW Deb, you have me wondering where my old manual typewriter is now and what a cool idea to use it for you cards. The room looks great not sure I could do black but best of all is the tiny humming bird...so cute. Cheers and have a great week Robyno#21

Jackie said...

How nice you have done your daughters room for her while she is away! And the typewriter will be great fun and used lots, thanks for the visit already
Jackie 16

Irene Rafael said...

Your typewriter brought back memories of my mother's electric IBM. I haven't thought of it in years. I am sure you will make good use of it.
~~irene#64

Helen said...

My neighbour gave me an old electric typewriter too, enjoy! Loving the black walls, with the red in your daughter's room - very bold, hope she's happy with it when she gets home., Helen 11

Nan G said...

Cool you let her pick her colors. I had granny apple green and purple in my room during my teens. :0) hadn't seen one of those electric jobs in years! Hummers! Such tiny bits of perpetual energy! I opened the front blinds the other day and there staring in at me....a hummer! He looked as surprised as I was! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #12

trisha too said...

You really have been busy! Yep, it's just paint--my dd painted her room with stripes and such, and did a very good job of it.

Those hummer really are surprisingly violent for being so very small!

Happy woyww!
:)trisha
#66 this week

Lindart said...

LOVE your daughter's room! I always wanted a black room when i was growing up, even 2 black walls would have been awesome with just about any color! Lucky girl! Now that I'm much older, I still like to look and dream, but probably wouldn't actually do it to any of my walls! You are awesome! Lindart #72

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! That sounds like you will get your Supermum badge when your daughter gets home!! One of my sons had a red room (for his football team) - and he slept quite well too!!! LoVe the humming bird!! Chris47